The 5K Course
The course begins and ends close to Mundy Hall.
- Begin on Southwestern Blvd. (near the Jim Mallon statue) and runners will head toward Hwy. 29;
- Turn left onto Medley Way, past the tennis courts, the football field house and the practice fields;
- Loop around the other side of the football field house (between the field house and the soccer/lacrosse fields) and around the back of the baseball field;
- Up the driveway near Physical Plant to Southwestern Blvd. and head towards Maple St.;
- Turn left at Wesleyan Drive (along the road in between the McCombs Apartments, Herman Brown and Moody-Shearn) then right onto McKenzie Drive (down Fraternity Row) to Maple St.;
- Turning right onto Maple St. the route will be the same as in years past with the exception of not going completely to College St.
- Runners would loop back on the route and take the opposite way back (including going back through Fraternity Row and in between the residence halls) to reach the finish line on Southwestern Blvd.
The course will be marked by directional signs, and cones.
The course will be closed to vehicular traffic with officers posted at the major intersections; however, if vehicles do get onto the course, please yield to the traffic.
Water will be available at the start, finish and on the racecourse.
Bathroom facilities will be available in the Robertson Center.